Temporomandibular dysfunction in dentistry (2 day course)
Most common and the most influencing symptom of the cranial mandibular dysfunction is musculoskeletal pain. There is a broad international consensus that pain in temporomandibular dysfunctions is due to a multifactorial disorder of the chewing system. During the therapy the physical therapist and the dentist have the most important and central role. Requirements for a successful interdisciplinary work are not only the personal clinical experience but also the knowledge about diagnostic and therapeutic models of the partners in the interdisciplinary team.
This course summarizes validated diagnostic- and treatment procedures in dentistry. It presents from a dentists view the evidenced based models for development, as well as the modern treatment concepts of temporomandibular dysfunctions.
- Growth and development of the temporomandibular system in children and adolescents
- The characteristics of the temporomandibular joints and the temporomandibular joint muscles
- Functions of the temporomandibular system
- Disambiguation and nomenclature around the temporomandibular dysfunction
- Etiology of temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- The meaning of parafunctions and dysgnathia for the development of temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Dentistry and temporomandibular basis diagnostic
- The extended dentist analyses of function
- Dental therapy with occlusive splints
- Extended therapy in temporomandibular joint dysfunction in the dental practice
- Psychological aspect: placebo an nocebo in the therapy and in temporomandibular joint dysfunction and posture
Teacher in Germany:
Dr Daniel Hellmann
Foundations courses & online
Foundations courses and Online module
Advanced in Assessment and Management of pediatric, vestibular, ocular..
Advanced Course I & II
Clinical management of temporomandibular dysfunction and pain
Anatomy course of the temporomandibular, -facial and –neural region
Temporomandibular dysfunction in dentistry (two days)
Facial expression and laterality, Assessment, Evaluation and Rehabilitation
Examination and preparation
Aim of the certification is to assess, if the capabilities of the craniofacial..
Clinical Assessment (CCA)
Online assessment of your clinical reasoning approach...