Add-on course Facial expression
Facial expression and laterality
Assessment, Evaluation and Rehabilitation
This three-day course elucidates the function of the most important basic emotions and left/right facial recognition out of our daily life.
- Consequences of a dysfunction will be obvious in examples and elucidated in external evidence.
- Different test procedures will be introduced and practiced.
- Systematic facial emotions- and laterality training will be presented by the EMORECO program, as well as the face-mirroring software
- Techniques and treatment strategies will be explained and practiced.
- Patient target groups are:
- Chronic pain patients
- Orofacial dysfunctions after facial trauma
- Temporomandibular facial pain
- Support of (postoperative) (skeletal) facial asymmetry
- Neurological patients, e.g. Facial paresis, Parkinson's disease
- Speech and swallowing dysfunctions
- Alexithymia (Problems in recognition of words and emotions)
- Kinesophobia and Dismorphobia (Perception disorder of the own body)
Target group: Physio-, Occupational Therapists/ Speech- and Language Therapists und Psychologists