The craniocervical region as part of a chain
This module is mainly practically orientated and links to the other CRAFTA®-modules and is a part of the CRAFTA®-Curriculum.
The following themes will be discusses and practically exercised:
- Overview oft he actual classification in headache and their practical interpretation
- Functional anatomy and biomechanics of the craniocervical region
- Neuromusculoskeletal tests of the craniocervical region
- Differentiation tests craniocervical versus temporomandibular-facial-neural regions
- Clinical patterns of migraine, tensions type- and cervicogenic headache
- Cervical instability, occipitalis major nerve, hypoglossus nerve, glossopharyngeal neurogenic pain will be explained and in group work elaborated
- Neuromusculoskeletal treatment and management strategies
Length: 3 days
For CRAFTA®-certified therapists this course means 30 credit points.
Minimal 4 weeks of manual therapy education by an approved manual therapy education program
Minimal CRAFTA®-module 1 or headache in children course
This course is for manual therapist no revision of the curriculum of the manual therapeutic education, it gives supplementary notes concerning (complex) neuromusculoskeletal dysfunctions of the head-, face-, and neck region.
Pieter Westerhuis, BSc,PT,MT ,Principal Teacher IMTA® und CRAFTA®